Gulguluthikthakam Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of chronic skin diseases, joint and bones. It is prepared by herbal decoction method and available in Kashayam tablet form.
Gulguluthikthakam Kashayam, Guggulutikthaka kashaya
- Effective for Fever Flu Bronchitis, Cough and Anorexia.
Gulguluthikthatam Kashayam Ingredients:
The Kashayam is actually prepared by the formula of an herbal ghee called Gulguluthikthaka Ghrita and the ingredients of this preparation are used to prepare water decoction.
Nimba – neem – Azadirachta indica
Patola – Trichosanthes dioica
Vyaghri – Solanum xanthocarpum
Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
Vasa – Adhatoda vasicaPatha –
Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
Vidanga – Embelia ribes
Suradaru – Cedrus deodara
Gajopakulya – Piper chaba
Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare
Nagara – Zingiber Officinalis
Nisha – Turmeric
Mishreya – Anethum sowa
Chavya – Piper chaba
Kushta – Saussurea lappa
Tejovati – Zanthoxylum alatum
Maricha – Black pepper
Vatsaka – Holarrhena antidysenterica
Deepyaka – Trachyspermum ammi
Agni – Plumbago zeylanica
Rohini – Picrorrhiza kurroa
Arushkara – Purified Semecarpus anacardium
Vacha – Acorus calamus
Kanamoola – Piper longum – root
Yukta – Pluchea lanceolata
Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
Vishani – Aconitum species
Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi
Shuddha Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul
Gulguluthikthakam Kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
- It works great for nonhealing wounds, abscess, sinuses, and fistula.
- Effective in the treatment of psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, hives and other skin problems.
- Proved to be excellent medicine for all types of inflammations especially related to connective tissues, bones, and joints.
- It is also beneficial in skin diseases of Vata-Kapha predominance.
- Also recommended in tubercular glands, boils, scabies, eczema, syphilis and anemia.
- Used to treat lumbar and cervical spondylosis.
Tridosha Effects – Balances Vata and Kapha and treats ailments related to skin and joints.
Gulguluthikthakam Kashayam Dosage:
- Take 5 – 10 ml of Kashayam before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is advised to consume along with rock alt and jaggery and needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water.
Do’s and Dont’s while taking this medicine:
Meals should be of broken rice with boiled vegetables and buttermilk. Chilies, tamarind, and salt must be discarded. Rocksalt, ghee, bitter gourd, elephant yam, plantains, green gram, ginger and other pathya items alone are allowed. Bathe on every 3rd or 4th day, that too not in cold water. For those with indigestion, this may be taken in 300 ml of water boiled with 10 gm of black cumin.
Gulguluthikthakam Kashayam Side effects:
There are no known side effects of this medicine. Though a very high dosage may cause Gastritis.